Justification Bug

Hello,

Currently when I use justification for my next, it shows all the letters overlaid on top of each other. When I stop typing, it eventually realigns, but it is quite distracting. I’ve read some very old posts about this being a bug in previous versions, but not the latest update. Any insights?

Thank you!

It’s a bug: tdf#162220
EDIT: “a patch will be available” in 24.2.7, 24.8.2 and 25.2.0.

Thank you! So it’s being looked at already? I am not tech savvy by any stretch of the imagination.

Even better, 24.8.2 is available on the download page.
Release 24.2.7 won’t be until end October/beginning November, see Release Plan 24.2 - The Document Foundation Wiki

You could go back to a release prior to 24.2.4, download from the archive linked on the download page.

Hello! I have 24.8.1.2, do I need to update manually to undo the bug? And is that 24.8.2?

As I say, bit out of touch with how this works, so thank you everyone for your insights.

It is a rendering bug so just updating the LibreOffice version to 24.8.2.1 (or going to an older version than 24.2.4.2) resolves the issue.
TDF162220Justification

1 Like

Most of the justification problem is resolved now, with very very occasionally the end of a line having a bit of a space, but I can fix that with hitting enter. So this is all resolved with the update, thank you guys!