Justify tables cells without extra space

i want to write a poem in a table and i want the text to be justifies
in MS word i used to do this by fixing the table rows to a spedefic height and then shift+enter in the last of every line so as to have the text justified
is there an easier way to do this with writer?
and if there is no other way: how to fix the height of all the table rows in writer?

example.odt (24.2 KB)

-----system info
save format: odt
LO: Version: 24.2.2.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 420(Build:2)
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 6.9; UI render: default; VCL: kf6 (cairo+wayland)
Locale: ar-DZ (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
24.2.2-3
Calc: threaded

just for a good appearance. if i don’t put theme in a table it will not look clear.

I don’t see any difficulty in it.

Adjust paragraph alignment to Justified (you apparently already did it).

Usually last paragraph line is not justified but you can set specifically Last line parameter (immediately below Justified to Justified. You no longer need to add a line break.

Remark: your paragraph style shows a first line indent. If you want your “poem” to extend from side to side (be it in a table or not), don’t define a first line indent (set it to zero) so that all your lines look the same.

2 Likes

imagen

1 Like

a very important option. thank you.

how to batch remove that paragraph breaks i added before?
“/p” this will find all the paragraph breaks even the ones i should not remove

I made a mistake in my answer: I meant “line break”.

AFAIK there is no such thing as \p in Writer regular expressions. A line break is represented by \n. Writer has no way to make a distinction between “necessary” and “non-necessary” line breaks because it does not “understand” your text which is seen as a stream of equally important characters.

1 Like