L.O. 7.0.3.1 prints blank pages - problem identified/solved

I’m currently using Mac OS 10.15.7 with Libre Office 6.4.7.2. To try a fix the blank-page problem using L.O. 7.0.3.1. After many hours of troubleshooting I discovered L.O. 7.0.3.1 does not print newly created L.O. documents but will print L.O. documents created several years ago. In an attempt to resolve this issue I downloaded and installed L.O. 7.0.4.2. Same issue. The document appear okay in Preview and even when clicking “Print” in Preview, but all that prints out is a blank page. In desperation I downloaded and installed L.O. 6.4.7.2. SUCCESS! For whatever reason the newer versions of Libre Office will not print out newly created documents . I attempted to print on two different Epson inkjet printers with the same result. So I think we can rule out the printers. For completeness, I’m also using a MacMini6,2 (Late-2012)

Version 7.0.x, are for pioneers, the guaranteed stable version is 6.4.7.2

@schiavinatto: on MacOS??? I’m using LO 7.0.4.2 coming from standard Fedora repository. I didn’t activate the testing repos. IMHO, 7.0.4.2 is now “stable”.

On the official page it does not say that it is stable.

I was using version 7.0.4.2 since the launch, files started to crash on opening, I went back to 6.4.7.2 and the files started working again.

Try to search for UseSkia in the expert settings and set it to false. That solved it on my parents M1 Mac Mini with LibreOffice 7.

1 Like