Landscape print is cutting off lines

I have a spreadsheet of blood pressure readings. I wanted to print a small (~ latest month) section to take to the doctor. There are just entries. No formulas other than two conditional formatting (to mark high readings).

I select the range, bring up the print dialog, choose print selected cells, use landscape, the result cuts off the top 3 rows. For the moment I got around it by selecting 3 rows prior to my desired start.

The print preview appears accurate. In protrait I believe they are all there. In landscape the top 3 are gone. There is still plenty of room in either orientation to print more rows.

Version: 7.4.6.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 5b1f5509c2decdade7fda905e3e1429a67acd63d
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Please edit your initial post and add the version of LO you are using (copy/paste from Help > About LibreOffice).
Please also upload (7th icon on the toolbar) a version of your file without personal information, so we can better assess your issue.

Maybe this bug
Print dialog, in landscape loses header, footer and top rows

Print Issue File.ods (168.9 KB)
The selected range I am trying to print is 5104-5125. If I instead select 5101-5125 then it prints 5104-5125 in landscape. Portrait does not cut off 3 row. All data changed as it is medical info but I verified the issue still is there.

I think the issue is that the Page Style is set to Portrait and that is what is sent to the print dialogue.
It is unexpected so it has the appearance of a bug, you could report it, How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice - The Document Foundation Wiki

A workaround is to create a new page style (New page style from selection) and then Edit Style and set it to Landscape. You then have two identical page styles, except one is set to Portrait and the other to Landscape. Double-clicking on the appropriate one prior to printing should give good results.

I notice that in 7.3.1.3 that if the page style were set to Portrait then you could not select Landscape in the print dialogue.
Print Issue File108511EA.ods (162.1 KB)

1 Like

thx. Yes that seems to be the issue. I will report as a bug as changing the orientation in the print dialog works. It just doesn’t print the selected cell range.

tdf#162210, it’s a duplicate of the bug report in @mariosv comment.
After I made a few measures, I can see that the page is rotated at its center.