Language Australian Fedora does not spellcheck at all

Hello
Libre Office came with Fedora I think 20. The Libre Office Version: 5.2.6.2 Build ID: 5.2.6.2-4.fc25.
When I installed Fedora I installed it as living in Australia using a US keyboard.
I selected Language Australia from the list. The spell checker does not work at all. I believe that although the option to select English Australian is available form the tools the dictionary is not installed. It therefore gives the wrong impression that it is spellchecking.

I do not know how to download and install the Australian dictionary.

The spellchecker works fine in English US.

Not a problem with the Windows version.

Thanks for your help and excellent product.

LO comes with US_English only out of the box. You must install the other English variants. Under Fedora, this is package libreoffice-langpack-en. The most convenient way is to use dnf and its GUI wrapper (the latter spares you the trouble of designating the package file with version, distro-id and architecture).

If this answer helped you, please accept it by clicking the check mark to the left and, karma permitting, upvote it. If this is what you expected, close the question, that will help other people with the same question.

Thanks for letting me know. I went on to the software site in Fedora and could not see libreoffice-langpack.en should I use the Libraoffice site. not sure what dnf means but will ork on it.
Jeff

See DNF (software) - Wikipedia

dhf is the Fedora package manager in recent versions. If yu are still under Fedora 20, the package manager is yum and its GUI wrapper is yumex. If you have not done yet, install those 2 packages, they will ease your life. However, I doubt you are under F20 because you wouldn’t get LO 5.2.6.2. To be sure, type the following command in a terminal:

uname -a

and look at the number following fc.

There is a typo in my comment above. Read dnf instead of dhf. The companion GUI component is yumex-dnf.