Libre Draw input/output PDF Error

I am not able to import a PDF without getting General Error Input/output. The Draw App will not read the PDF or load it. Any ideas?

1 Like

Which operating system and which LibreOffice version do you use?

And please upload here possibly a reduced and anonymized file in which the problem is present.
To do this, click on the three dots or the pencil or the edit icon under the initial question. What is available.
In the edit mode of the question select the “Upload” icon.
Select your file and click the “Upload” button.
Thank you very much.

Someone can then look at the file and possibly examine it. Thank you.

1 Like

Hi thanks for the reply. I have the most recent version of LibreOffice 7.3 and Draw. I can’t upload the pdf it has sensitive info on it. The permissions are for read and write… Here is the error I am getting. I have never had an issue importing a PDF into Draw before. Other previous PDF still import no problem…
Screenshot from 2022-11-11 12-41-07.pdf (147.4 KB)

A screenshot image sometimes helps sometimes not. Please upload a problematic PDF file here.

1 Like

The most recent is the LO 7.4.2 version. Maybe you are using the most recent STILL version of the LibreOffice what is the LO 7.3.7 today.

See tdf#55425, tdf#106057, tdf#133322, tdf#137648

I’m getting the same thing.

I just installed LibreOffice on my M1 Max MacBook pro so I can edit PDFs with LibreOffice Draw without using Adobe Acrobat DC. I watched a YouTube video that showed off all the amazing things it can do with PDFs. I get the same general error input/output.

I hope this is not an Apple Silicon issue. :frowning:

UPDATE: I installed the Intel build, and PDFs work fine. So, it is only the Apple Silicon build that’s not working for me.

I’m also having the problem @Zizi64, but it’s with all PDFs from any origin I’ve tested so far.

@Hrbrgr I’m having the same issue, affecting all PDFs I’ve tried. These came from a variety of sources.

I’m on Apple Silicon. I hope that’s not the killer.

UPDATE: I installed the Intel build, and PDFs work fine. So, it is only the Apple Silicon build that’s not working for me.