Libre Office 3.6 will not run after Windows update

I just updated from 3.5 to 3.6.0.4 earlier this August. And on August 22, I did the following:
-a)Updated patches of Windows 7,
-b)removed JRE 1.6, and installed JRE 1.7

after that, I cannot run Libre Office 3.6. So I uninstalled it, and reinstalled 3.5. But 3.5 crashed too. Before my update to 3.6.0.4, 3.5 was running ok.

I reinstalled 3.6, and at one time got it to open, but it crashed when I tried to open a Libre Office database file.

I observed the opening splash screen, and it always crash at the point of Danish dictionary. At one time it crashed at the point of Wiki Publisher.

I uninstalled 3.6, reinstalled 3.5, and observed the splash screen, 3.5 also crashes at the point of Danish dictionary.

Now even though I had uninstalled 3.6, and reinstalled 3.5, I cannot run 3.5 anymore.

So how do I remove everything 3.6 clean from my harddisk and registry and memroy, so I can go back to 3.5?

And does Libre Office support JRE 1.7? Could this be the cause?

Did you search for similar questions on this page? Try to make LO use a fresh user profile by renaming your old one. And yes, it may be required to remove old program folders - in rare cases, old registry entries, too. Good luck!

Hi @lousiewhei,

Please install the latest release of LibreOffice and let us know if that solves your issues. It should be possible to install LO 4.0 in parallel with 3.6, if desired.

If trying a new install doesn’t seem to fix this problem, please file a bug and provide a list of steps that can reproduce your problem. The QA team will be happy to help you track down this issue!

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!