Libre office Base on Mac OS

LibreOffice requires a Java runtime environment (JRE) to perform this task. The selected JRE is defective. Please select another version or install a new JRE and select it under LibreOffice - Preferences - LibreOffice - Advanced.

Does anyone know how to get Libre Office Base to work on Mac OS 11.2.3. Whenever I try to create a new Database I get the above message. I have Java 8 jre-8u281 installed but Libre Office doesn’t seem to be able to use it (it’s greyed out when I try to add it)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java

Hello,

Mac needs JDK. Please see comments (and links) in this post → Data Base keeps telling me I need Java (on mac).

See also:

Frequently asked questions - General - The Document Foundation Wiki, which conatain some links to JDK’s.

Thank you! I had read about installing the JDK but had downloaded the wrong one (for linux instead of macOS) and of course couldn’t install it. This time I saw what was in plain view. Stupid mistake. Now it works. Thanks!

Installed the JDK for macOS and now it works. Thanks!

Thank you! I had read about installing the JDK but had downloaded the wrong one (for linux instead of macOS) and of course couldn’t install it. This time I saw what was in plain view. Stupid mistake. Now it works. Thanks!