Libre Office no longer loads, not even in Safe Mode

I’m running Windows 10 Professional 64-bit and LibreOffice 7.2.1.2.

I was using Libre Office for almost a decade before last night. I created a form and needed a certificate to create a signature field. I used the link LibreOffice provided on their help page and downloaded certificates from cacert .org. After installing the certificates, Libre was unable to find them anyway and I gave up, and closed the application. Now, I can’t get Libre to start, not even in safe mode.

What I’ve done:

• Removed the installed Certificates that I thought were the issue.
  • Tried to load in safe mode via run command and shortcut (won’t open).
  • Tried loading each individual application instead of the main launcher, to no avail.
  • Checked my Task Manager for any entries of LibreOffice or Soffice or any derivative thereof (there are none present anywhere in the Task Manager).
  • I’ve done a repair install, and that didn’t work.
  • I uninstalled completely, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, and STILL nothing.
  • I checked my antivirus suite to be sure the program wasn’t blocked in any way (it is not).

I click the shortcuts, the actual .exe files, my mouse turns to an hourglass, and then NOTHING.

Any ideas on how I might be able to fix this and get back to work? Thank you in advance.

EDIT: I also tried uninstalling, rebooting and then installing LibreOffice version 7.1.6 to see if that would fix it, but it did not. The program will not load at all.

I would try to rename the user profile in %appdata%\libreoffice\4\user. Set 4 to 4old and a new profile will be created.

Hello! Thank you for responding. I did as you suggested, but unfortunately, it didn’t solve my issue. LibreOffice still won’t load.

1 Like

Since last night I also have this problem! A colleague, who has just installed LO on my advice, also has this problem on her tablet.
I will be watching this thread.

Uninstalled latest and tried to access Libreoffice website - and it is not found in duckduckgo!!! Uninstalled LO and went back to 7.0.5.2 and all is restored to operation. 7.1.6 clearly has issues.

See this one: Skia problem, bug 144434

Cheers Robert. The issue is the current upgrade. I’ll wait till they fix it :slight_smile:
Alan

I’m glad some people fixed their issues by rolling back their installation, but unfortunately, none of these steps have helped me. I have tried uninstalling, deleting any files/folders left behind, and I’ve installed older versions, all the way back to 7.1.5.2, and none of them will open after installation.

The thing that drives me mad is that I had no issues running 7.2.1.2 from the day it was released until October 10, 2021. The catalyst for my issue was the installation of those two digital signature certificates, yet once I removed them from my system, the problem has persisted with every version of LO that I can get my hands on to install on my system.

This has all made me very sad. I have used LO for over a decade without issue. It’s my favorite office suite; I love how the landing page shows large thumbnails of recent projects so I can open things at a glance. This has seriously hindered my work. :disappointed:

Let’s backtrack to the source of your problems:

• wich help page if LibreOffice?
  • please give a

link to the cacert-page

• I don’t know, if you created certificates for your own id, or loaded certificates for/from LibreOffice/TDF
  • You installed the certificates via wich tool? In LibreOffice? In your OS?
  • How did you remove them?

Have you tried to start LO from command-line? Sometimes you get more info on errors there.