Libre Office suddenly won't launch in Windows 11

I have enjoyed using Libre Office but suddenly it will not open! Is there some kind of fault in the 7.5 that is preventing this? Is there an easy fix? I am not savvy enough to delve into the technical underbelly of the laptop to try to untangle whatever is causing this problem so I am hoping for a simple solution.

Take a look on how to repair in win11, it could help to solve the problem

1 Like

That seems to have been the ticket! Thank you for your help, mariosv!

I had a similar failure with Libre Office failing to start on Windows 11. The Microsoft suggested solution did nothing. I uninstalled Libre Office from the control panel and then reinstalled it from the downloaded msi file. That fixed it and it is fully operational again. I don’t know if windows caused the problem or my virus scanner. In either case, doing a full uninstall/reinstall fixed the problem. When attempting the Microsoft suggested solution, the “Repair” option would fail in the middle. I hope this helps others with this problem.

See also: tdf#161358. Which version did you install? In tdf#161358, it was 7.6.7, which hints at some problem outside of LibreOffice (we didn’t change anything in the installer in the 7.6.7 time).