Libre Office Writer On-Screen Display

I have been using Writer for years and have created many documents quite happily. In the last few days I have suddenly found that text I add at the end of an existing document is displayed on screen in a strange layout that I didn’t choose intentionally and certainly don’t want.
If I could find a way of uploading a file I would add a picture of what is showing on screen, but since I can’t (can anyone advise me how?) I will do my best to describe it.
New text that I type is displayed only on the left half of the screen. I cannot increase the displayed width. If I scroll upwards I find that earlier text which was displayed normally before is now visible well over on the right side of the screen, though I have to use the scroll bar to be able to see it all.
I first noticed this with a long document that I have been adding to more or less daily for many months. However, when I created a brand new document I found the same symptoms.
I assume I must have inadvertently changed one or more key settings but nothing I have tried has put me back to where I want to be. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks to ajlittoz for a prompt response - you have clearly recognised the problem from my description, and given a complete solution. Yes, I had somehow got into book view without even realising such a thing existed! Getting out and back to single page mode has restored me to where I wanted to be. Once more, many thanks.
The knowledgeable and helpful community is a major strength of the Libre Office project.

Look at the right end of the bottom status bar:
AskLOZoom

Left of the zoom slider, there are 3 icons to select a display mode, from left to right: single page, multiple pages, book view.

Click on any of them for your preferred view. Book view is highlighted in the screenshot because this is my preferred mode considering my screen size.

1 Like