libreDraw cannot open tif file, it says image filter not found;

libreoffice Draw cannot open tif file, it says image filter not found;
version is 24.2.3.2(X86_64)
the file attached,name is ATCNBW_A3_iSis_Screen-mix_0600_A3_02.tiff

OpenTifWorks

thank u very much, but i use ubuntu, it sees the newest version is 24.2.3.2(X86_64), how to update to 24.2.4.2?

For Ubuntu you have to find out what kind of install you have. Most likely snap, but a “traditional” deb-package is also possible. Update will depend on your install…
Second point: package maintainers at linux often have their own ideas to remove “unnecessary” parts, like Base from installs. So for .deb it may be sufficient to find the name for the right package… unless the filter for .tif is something very recent.

My guess is that it has nothing to do with the actual version: it would be the same with 24.2.3.2. The problem is your TIFF file - the format is really complicated, and my screencast was intended to show that your post missed crucial information: a sample of the problematic TIFF itself. With a random TIFF found on my system, it works.

1 Like

It also works with a large .tif (21.3 MB) for me:

Version: 24.2.4.2 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 51a6219feb6075d9a4c46691dcfe0cd9c4fff3c2
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL threaded

thank u very much , i had updated the version to 24.2.4.2, but the problem still exist. i think is the file problem, but other program can open it, for ex. image Viewer

yes, your guess is right, i had updated the version to 24.2.4.2, but the problem still exist. i think is the file problem, but other program can open it, for ex. image Viewer

which means, that this is a bug, which needs a sample problematic TIFF file.

i tried to upload the file ,but it says the file too large( > 4M), but actually the file is 1.75M, i’m so confused with it now

If you opened the link in my post above, it tells that this Ask site is not a proper place for bug reports. Since this is a bug, you need to file it to the proper site, and attach your file there.

ok, thank you very much

1 Like

ftr: @funny_john has created tdf#161609

2 Likes

Kind of looks like tdf#160635, fixed for 24.2.5. No problems if saved as png, or tif below 33,554,432 pixels

2 Likes