Currently on Ubuntu 12.10, using Mate 1.6.0 desktop. After upgrading LibreOffice from 3.6 to 4.0 I started getting system errors, but system seems stable, but stemming from incompatibility between LO 4.0 and Ubuntu 12.10
Noticed with the release of LO 4.1 that there were pages with instructions on how to install LO 4.1 in Ubuntu 12.10. In the LO 4.1 ReadMe the system requirements are as follows:
- Linux Kernel version 2.6.18 or higher;
- glibc2 version 2.5 or higher;
- gtk version 2.10.4 or higher;
- Pentium compatible PC (Pentium III or Athlon recommended);
- 256 MB RAM (512 MB RAM recommended);
- Up to 1.55 GB available hard disk space;
- X Server with 1024x768 resolution (higher resolution recommended), with at least 256 colors;
- Gnome 2.16 or higher, with the gail 1.8.6 and the at-spi 1.7 packages (required for support for assistive technology [AT] tools), or another compatible GUI (such as KDE, among others).
Checking the Kernel version was no sweat and for the GTK version I did this:
:~$ dpkg -s libgtk2.0-0|grep ‘^Version’
But not clear on how to check the glibc2 version or the Gnome version, with gail & apt-spi . Thanks for any and all help.