LibreOffice 5.1.3 stuck on "verifying" Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

it works on El Capitan OS X 10.11.6 and with other applications too!!

Worked, ty (cannot upvote since I got less then 5 points, else I would) Ty again, saved my b*hind <3

It solved the issue for me after lots of frustration. Yosemite 10.10.5 with L0 Thanks a lot!

don’t have enough credits to up-vote! works on 10.10.5

Works Great on Os x Yosemite version 10.10.5

Worked for me too on OSX10.10.5. I wonder if the my problem was that I had OpenOffice running when I tried to initiate LibreOffice. When I eventually managed to open LibreOffice, I realised it was designed to pick up where OpenOffice had left off.

This trick with the terminal unfortunately didn’t work with OS 10.10.5 + LO 6.2.8. Still hung up.

This trick with the terminal unfortunately didn’t work with OS 10.10.5 + LO 6.2.8. Still hung up.

Found the work around!

Read this article, worked like a charm!

This worked forme as well. Pleased!

Thanks a lot, it is successful. First time I got such problems with LibreOffice…

I guess you mean LO
I had the same problem

The verification took a long time and my computer got almost completely unresponsive.

Activity Monitor indicated that kernel_task had grown to more than 6.3GB (real memory). My machine has 8GM memory. It did not take very much CPU time, but everything came virtually to a halt. Even the clock sometimes lagged minutes behind. The verification process took more than 2 hours and 15 minutes, after which I had to leave. When I returned it had finished, so I know it took less than 5 hours. Ater confirming that I wanted to run the application downloaded from the internet, LO continued, but it took at least 10 minutes before it appeared. In the meantime the kernel_task memory footprint still was high, but later it dropped back to more reasonable values.

I did this twice, with a reboot in between. The reboot didn’t solve the problem.

I also tried LO 5.0.5, and its verification took about 5 minutes (still quite long I think), with kernel_task going up to about 4GB. But at least the system continued to work normally.

So it seems there is something fishy with LO

Same experience for me. LO 5.1.0 didn’t complete verification and CoreServicesUIAgent used up >6 GB Memory and 100% CPU. LO at first seemed to behave the same way, but after a few minutes it continued normally as expected. (MacBook Air, Yosemite, 4 GB Memory)

Go to System Preferences → General, unlock changes (press lock icon in the bottom) and in section “Allow apps downloaded from” check “Anywhere” .
Also go to Firewall tab, press “Firewall Options…” and add LibreOffice application to list ("+" button) with value “Allow incoming connections”. Then open LibreOffice once again.

Not “System Preferences → General”, “System Preferences → Security and Privacy → General”.

I had the same problem starting LibreOffice 5.2.0 in OSX 10.10 Yosemite on a 2012 Mac mini. I opened it with right-click/Open to bypass Gatekeeper. Stuck verifying, CPU at 99%. Stopped it after 20 minutes or more when memory showed 16 GB in Activity Monitor. Downloaded it again, the .dmg compared identical to the first one.

Tried LibreOffice 5.1.5. Similar behavior, but CPU came down to 10 to 30% after several minutes. Memory grew to 17.26 GB, and then it asked me if I wanted to open the app, and it opened a minute or so later, after about 15 minutes of verifying.

This bug was reported 2016-04-19, currently Not Assigned:

Similar report here:

Today installed LO Started app, Verifying progress bar reached end, computer very slow. After 15 min, computer slept. I woke it hours later, still not done. Activity Monitor showed CoreServicesUIAgent using 14 GB memory (only 4 GB physical memory). I forced process to quit. Tried right-click Open, same behavior.

I set Security preference to open apps from Anywhere, then Verify was quick, LO opened OK. Set pref back to a more secure setting. Hope for a proper fix. (OSX 10.10.5)

Bug 99397 linked above was marked a duplicate of 97530, currently Not Assigned.

Java update is essential. After I updated Java, the verifying process was very quick.