LibreOffice 5.3.4.2 crashes all the time. Using LO Writer, I have to save every few minutes, otherwise it crashes. It also crashes when I exit LO, also if no documents are open. All of the same also happened with LO's penultimate upgrade but never before.

LibreOffice 5.3.4.2
Mac OS 10.11.6
Translated User Interface: italiano

Hi,
please, can you try to start LibreOffice with a fresh user profile?

1. close all the documents
  2. close LibreOffice
  3. clean the user profile
  4. try to start LibreOffice with the new fresh profile
  5. Update us here :wink:

Ciao,
Marina

Thank you for answering so promptly. Where do I find the user profile?

Oh, sorry: I jsut noticed that you linked the words “user profile” to an explanation

no problem. :wink:

Ok, Marina, I’ve tried. I followed your 5 steps (this is the fifth) but nothing changed, except that it no longer crashes after a few minutes but after 20 minutes, maybe even 30. If I open two LO Writer files, work on the 1st, don’t save it, leave it open in the background, work on the 2nd and often save it, I get no crashes (not even of the file in the background). If I leave them open without doing anything, in 20 minutes they both crash.

When they crash, I always get this message from LO Writer: A causa di un errore inatteso, LibreOffice si è bloccato. Tutti i file su cui stavi lavorando saranno ora salvati. Al prossimo avvio di LibreOffice, i tuoi file saranno automaticamente ripristinati. Saranno rispristinati i seguenti file:". But that’s not true: the files I was working on are only re-opened and only include what I saved. Ciao

I had this problem of constant crashing after creating a very complex calc sheet. The solution I found was to rename the calc file so that LibreOffice did not try to access it in any way (I guess). Luckily I had uploaded the sheet to google drive where I continue to edit it no problem.