LibreOffice 6.0.5 crashing

First, let me say that before this experience, I have never, ever experienced a Libre Office crash on my Toshiba laptop with Windows 7.0. That’s why this is so unnerving.

I had an earlier release of Libre Office 6.x but I’m not sure which. I hadn’t really paid attention to the exact versions that I was using but I know it had been a 6.x version because I had been very happy with the improved search function with ability to search on regular expressions. That was a sorely needed capability for me.

Anyway, I upgraded to when recently notified of its availability. The very first text document I opened, which was laden with many tables, caused LO to crash when I started deleting the tables with the “delete table” button on the table toolbar. When restarting LO, it didn’t matter whether I tried to recover the document or not. If I tried to start deleting those tables, it crashed again. I back leveled to (uninstalled, then installed) and had the same problem. I ran in safe mode and had the same problem so I know it was not a corruption in the profile.

After having so little trouble in the past (that this is my first post), I’m fairly intolerant of this trouble. Is there a 6.0.x version I can back level to that would have been considered a stable, gold release (and where can I get it)? Or are there any other suggestions of what I can do? In the interest of debugging, I can provide the document of interest but it is not a particularly complex document, just one with many tables. Let me know if there’s other information I can provide that will help. Thanks in advance.


P.S. I’m on the English pages. Why do the CAPTCHAs come up in Spanish?

I can confirm that no longer has fully functional tables. However, I uninstalled v6, then installed the latest stable version (5.4.7) and was able to open the test file I created in v6 and really mess around with the tables therein - no crashes. (Note that the test file created in v6 would no longer allow any table modifications without crashing.)
Solution: uninstall v6 and install v5.4.7

I was using until today and tables worked fine, although I wouldn’t say I had a document with “many” tables, but rather, probably just a few. You might try that version.

I just tried deleting some tables in and didn’t experience a crash, but I’m on a different system.

You can search for and file bug reports at

Well, there was such a long time before I got any answers, that I nearly gave up. As soon as I got S. Merchant’s, I went back to 5.4.7. I realize that I had to give up searches on regular expressions but I’d gotten tired of uninstalls and reinstalls. If it goes for awhile before another release that purports to make a fix for tables (when I’m ready to try another install), I may try Thanks to S. Merchant and Liberty Belle (and all who took the time to read anyway).