After some Windows 10 updates, LibreOffice 6.0 won’t start (neither from file associated to it nor from shorcut to application). When trying to, nothing happens. I tried Base, Calc, LibreOffice, LibreOffice (Safe mode) and Writer and all have the same behaviour.
When I look at processes, I don’t find any that is related to OpenOffice (I am not fully aware of all the possibilities though - I scanned the names and also searched for soffice.* for now). I see that both soffice.exe and soffice.bin appear for a brief moment when I attempt to start anything related to LibreOffice.
I cannot know exactly which LibreOffice 6.0 version I am running since I don’t know where to look without running the program but I usually keep my version updated so it should not be too old.
History of my updates until I rebooted:
- Windows 10 Update KB4103727.
- Windows 10 Update KB4103729 (flash player).
- At this point everything works well but KB4103727 needs a reboot to complet (reboot not done yet).
- Windows 10 Update KB4134661.
- There might as well have been a graphic card (Nvidia) driver update.
- Cannot start LibreOffice, even in safe mode.
- Reboot 2 (just in case).
- Cannot start LibreOffice.
My guess is that the problem is related to KB4103727.
To help debugging, is there a log somewhere that can help knowing why the application quits?