LibreOffice 6.2.2 installer crashing

I have Windows 7 (64-bit)

I tried rebooting, re-downloading the installer and re-installing the Visual C++ Runtime. I tried to run as administrator, but the option isn’t there when I right-click on it.

The event viewer says the event ID is 1042 and the client process ID is 4560. I don’t know what that means, but apparently it’s related to the installer crashing.

Can anyone help me with this? I just need LibreOffice to work on my computer.

image description

Event ID 1042 from MsiInstaller is just a notification that installer finished (whatever the result might be). It does not tell anything about the reason; and you also don’t provide any information what “crashing” might mean: what you see - messages (which)? warning boxes (which)? system reporting crash? screenshots, detailed descriptions are welcome…

In the middle of the install, it just says “Rolling back action” and shows the message in the screenshot I just put up.

Please forgive me. I am not (modern) computer literate. I am trying to provide any information I can find.

No problem - thanks for clarification. And by the way: thank you for doing the right thing, and editing your question to provide details (many do it wrong, and “answer” with details).

I suspect a problem with your Windows Update. In the installation, MSI needs to install an update (KB2999226), and if it fails, installer also fails.

You may check FAQ for some details, and also see the last entry there, which may allow you to create and provide the install log, which could help me to help you.