LibreOffice 6.3.3 freezing in Ubuntu

Posted this on the Ubuntu Mate community forum and have no responses yet so asking for help here.

Trying to solve the puzzle. Created a document in Writer (after untoggling graphics acceleration box), first line text. Inserted a simple .png image and save the document.
Exported to PDF and saved. No issues there.

Closed down the document and went File>Open and opened the same PDF in Draw. System completely froze. Had to do a hard reboot for Ubuntu to even work. Could not force quit at all. Double clicked file in Caja, file opened in LO and system froze.

Did another hard reboot. Followed same process of File>Open and double clicking file in Caja with another PDF document. Both opened in LO Draw and then it completely froze my system.

This appears to be a Draw issue. So…hard rebooted and opened LO, went to Draw, clicked on Options and THE SYSTEM LOCKED UP ON ME THERE! Rebooted and opened Impress. Chose simple template and went to edit the title slide. LOCKED UP AGAIN…

No confidence in LO at all. It freezes on my all the time and I have been forced to load WPS in order to do my work. Interestingly enough, no issues on my laptop running same version. This issue has been going on since the last update and I look forward to a solution as not the biggest fan of WPS although it does work speedily I do admit.

My specs:
Release 19.10 (Eoan Ermine) 64-bit
Kernel Linux 5.3.0-26-generic x86_64
MATE 1.22.2
Memory 15.4GB
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz × 2

Libre Version: 6.3.3

please add full info from Help-About dialog. Possible it’s distro build problem

Here you go. New Version came through Software Boutique as I had uninstalled it previously. It froze with PDF in Draw as outlined above even in this version so I suspect you are correct, it’s a distro issue. I was able to run a quick test in Writer and it did not freeze - simple sentence and save is all I had time for.

Hope we can get this resolved if you would be so kind as to pass on to the UM team.

Version: 6.3.4.2
Build ID: 1:6.3.4-0ubuntu0.19.10.1
CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-CA (en_CA.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded

I’ve had identical issues as described by TDM. Opening any size pdf document freezes the computer. On a couple of occasions just LO froze and I was able to end the task and recover.

Kubuntu 18.04 LTS, / Linux kernal 5.3.0-42-generic
LO Version: 6.3.5.2
Build ID: 1:6.3.5~rc2-0ubuntu0.18.04.1~lo1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Linux 5.3; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3;
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: threaded