Libreoffice 7.0.6.2 portable: Equation is cropped on Impress

Hi!
I’m trying to use the equation object to insert grammar examples into Impress presentations.

I’m using libreoffice 7.0.6.2. This is a rather old version, but I:
a) Need a portable version.
b) Don’t trust 7.2.x, since some 7.2.x versions have a bug with webdav, and I need to use webdav (instead of local harddrive) to accomplish employer data policies.

I have read many threads about Equations being cropped, but what I experience is not a small crop.

By default, the equation is rendered at 12 points. When I make the equation bigger, (I’m making a presentation, after all), Libreoffice impress randomly chooses between changing equation size OR changing cropbox size.

If I select “Size and position”, select “unlock size” and change size, I got something like this (equation is scaled OR cropbox is scaled, but they are not changing both at once):

Then, if I enter the equation, exit it,. select “original size”, I got something like this:

• I’m not authorized to upload more photos* (description: a tiny box conaining my equation, this time box is fit to equation size)

After that, I can finally enter “Size and position” give it a size and it will act as intended (I.E. scaling the equation AND cropbox at once).

Is there a way to change Equation size with a single step, without having to change size of every equation in three steps?

When you are in Math (the Equation Editor), you could click on Format > Font Size and change Base Size to 24 pt or 48 pt depending on size. It is in Math Guide 4.0 so it should work in 7.0

Thank you.