LibreOffice 7.5 Update for Ubuntu didn't Update the Start Center to 7.5

I updated LibreOffice 7.4 to 7.5 in Ubuntu. I used the terminal command to update it. The update finished successfully; however, the LIbreOffice Start Center still indicates that it is 7.4 not 7.5, and LIbreOffice continues to give me a notification that there is a new update even though I have already updated it to 7.5. How can I fix this problem?

There is no problem. Ubuntu upgrades 7.4.0 to 7.4.1, 7.4.2, 7.4.3, 7.4.4 but never to 7.5. This is intended to be so.

Wich terminal command did you use?
(And what kind of version: Snap, Install via apt from ubuntu-repository, apt and tdf repository, other variant?)
If you used apt, did you check the version of LibreOffice in terminal?

The following is the terminal command I used:

sudo dpkg -i *.deb

I downloaded the .deb zipped files from the LibreOffice download page, unzipped them, changed to the directory that contained the .deb files in Terminal and then I used the above terminal command.

The previous version I installed was 7.4.4.2. That is still the version in the Start Center. However, I think the other parts of LibreOffice were updated to 7.5. The top of Writer, for example, has “LibreOffice 7.5 Writer”, but the About page still states 7.4.4.2. At the top of the SAtart Center it states, “LibreOffice 7.4 Start Center.”

I hope this information helps you.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Install/Linux

Should I uninstall the LibreOffice that comes with my Distro?

No, though we advise users to install these packages in a “clean” environment in case of a problem.

For testing fresh LibreOffice I recommend the Installing in parallel. for i in ./*.deb; do dpkg-deb -x $i . ; done and choose another folder for the LO profile (edit bootstraprc).