Libreoffice auto-filter remove images from filtered row after save - close - reopen file

Hi, sorry for my english…is not my primary language

im using LibreOffice 7.4.2.3 but the same problem is in portable 7.5.2 and in an old 5.3.3.2 and different company computers (we have deployed libreoffice instead of office in the company)

for example i have spreadsheet with 3 column and a few rows, one of this column has images anchored to the current cell (the problem arise with every file, new old, in ods, xlsx, xls format)

the steps to reproduce the error are these:

1. enable an auto-filter (or standard filter.) and select some value

2. the sheet correctly show the filtered rows with the right images

3. if i save with filter active, close, reopen and remove the filter…all the images are lost

4. the only images that survive are the one filtered in step 2

5. if in the step 3…i remove the filter before save, the images are preserved

6. i have tried various libreoffice version, save formats, image format, the behaviour is always the same…images lost:(

7. for what i see the images are in the file because the file has the right filesize and if i use f5 and go to the images list…i see all the references to the images…
    …but i can’t drag and drop the images in the sheet

8. i have attached two files: the original file with all images present and the file with images lost
    is in xls file…but format is not important, i have done all the test with a new ods and xlsx format

I really hope someone know how to fix this problem…we really appreciate LibreOffice and we have done the bet to use it instead od office for the majority of our user…but sometime there is those strange things that create a lot of trouble for the normal users

Thanks in advance
ImagesPresentBeforeSaveWithFilter.xls (26 KB)
ImagesLostAfterSaveWithFilter.xls (26 KB)

:slight_smile: sorry i forgot to add the two files, attacched right now, thanks…

Compatibility problem?

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Faq/General/118#Edit_different_file_formats_in_LibreOffice

Please report the behavior also as an error in Bugzilla .

See also:

How to Report Bugs in LibreOffice .

Please post the link to the bug here.
format: tdf#nnnnnn (use only the number, not the link)
To do this, edit your original question.
Thank you very much.

Thanks for your answer, but the problem is the same if i create an empty ods and manually enter rows and images, i will try your suggestion to report on Bugzilla:)

Looks like an already reported bug
tdf#142999 Problems with filter of rows and images after the file is saved with filter activated

2 Likes

my issue seem very related to the already reported bug