Libreoffice Base - Duplicating record in form

I would like to be able to duplicate a record whilst in a form. There a buttons for creating a new record, or deleting one, but not one for duplicating.
Is there some easy way to do this? It would be fine if I’d had to write a macro, which gets executed when a button in the form is pressed, but I’m not too experienced with that.

Can someone help?
Cheers

I tried several time to solve but failed, with version 24.2.5.2 . please give a screen video so that we can do this. best wishes.

In the forms of Libreoffice base (version 24.2.5.2) in push button control properties in action functions dropdown items please add duplicate record to duplicate current record, it will help to fill up the next record when most of the items are same as previous records, only need to change few items.

Have you tried one of my 2 approaches?
https://ask.libreoffice.org/uploads/short-url/NRvm738UEGPak4afiayaskIh6m.odb

1E95oX11j4

finally i solved the problem, thanks a lot.
it was very helpful.
with regards.

defaults2.odb (40.4 KB)
2 forms with a form/subform approach. Enter a date and a category in the parent form. Enter a new value with preset date and category into the subform.

I don’t think that’s exactly what I’m looking for. Here default values are set which I don’t want, because I presume they are kept for every new record. It should be really simple to do with just a button click. It’s possible to copy-paste in the table, so there must be some possibility the same can be done in a form?!

This was a good enough alternative: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: Base: How to Duplicate a Record – The Document Foundation Mailing List Archives, although still a bit tedious.