LibreOffice Calc 7.5, Ubuntu 22.4, German keyboard – how to select function from autocomplete suggestions

Hello forum,
I am at a loss … what is the shortcut to cycle through functions in Calc?
I do know, it isn’t Ctrl+(Shift+)Tab … those only jump to the next/previous sheet.
Anything with Alt, Shift or Control plus cursor/Enter/Tab keys I tried won’t work either (admittedly, I didn’t try all possible combinations).

A bit more context …

• Calc is open
  • I am at a cell
  • I start with typing … =cou
  • auto completion suggests “[COUNT], CountA, … and # other”
  • I can select “Count” with enter

But how do I move the marker (“[]”) to “CountA”?

greets Peter

PS: as a side note … Ctrl+(Shift+)Tab does navigate forth and back the AutoInput values … but only if there is more than one value to choose from … if there’s only one, Ctrl+Tab does navigate to the next tab :grimacing:

If you are in edit mode (and have the “tool tip” open giving you suggestions for completion), then it seems it should be:

1. Ctrl+Tab to select among choices
  2. Enter to select the [bracketed] choice, or to select the only suggestion given

These do work with a German kezboard :laughing: for me under Windows 10 with LO 7.5. If I am in the edit mode with the tool tip showing, I do not get the behavior of the navigation when pressing Ctrl+Tab.

Looks like Ubuntu does not like the Ctrl+Tab :sob: … just which else would it be?
Even tried to remove the keybindings for Ctrl+Tab … still no avail :frowning:

Hmmm… On my hp Z210 workstation running Ubuntu 20.04.5 (Focal) and LO 7.3 I’m getting exactly the expected, correct behavior with either the English or the German (no country) keyboard. Ctrl+Tab selects the next auto-suggestion by bracketing it [ ] and then Enter enters it.

Perhaps check your /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d directory for conf files that have an XkbOption set or something??

Version: 7.3.1.3 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: a69ca51ded25f3eefd52d7bf9a5fad8c90b87951
CPU threads: 8; OS: Linux 5.16; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Calc: threaded

Checked the /etc/X11 folder … although I do have the xorg.conf.d directory it is completely empty … so this is – so I would guess – some LO 7.4/7.5 „feature“.
Also checked some gsettings to no avail either.

Looked into LO’s keybindings but couldn’t find anything that’s obviously for that behaviour.

I’ve seen stranger things caused by the physical keyboard. Have you tried a different keyboard?

The X11 folder was to see if there were any OS/Ubuntu changes to the keyboard. As I understand, it’s for many X11-based systems. Usually there are no files, since usually there are no changes.

I updated my Ubuntu machine to 7.5 and still I do not see any odd behavior. Sorry.