LibreOffice Calc: Conditional Formatting Not Working as Expected

I’m facing an issue with conditional formatting in LibreOffice Calc, and I could use some guidance to resolve it.

Background: I use LibreOffice Calc extensively for managing and analyzing data in spreadsheets. Recently, I’ve been trying to apply conditional formatting to highlight certain cells based on specific criteria, but I’m encountering unexpected behavior.

Issue: The problem arises when I set up conditional formatting rules to highlight cells meeting certain conditions. For example, I want to highlight cells containing values greater than a certain threshold in green and cells containing values less than the threshold in red. However, despite setting up the rules correctly, the formatting doesn’t apply consistently, and some cells that meet the criteria remain unformatted.

Troubleshooting: Here are the steps I’ve taken to troubleshoot the issue so far:

1. Double-checked the conditional formatting rules to ensure they are correctly set up with the appropriate conditions and formatting styles.
  2. Confirmed that the cell ranges and references in the conditional formatting rules are accurate and cover the intended data range.
  3. Tested the same conditional formatting rules on a new, blank spreadsheet to see if the issue persists.
  4. Reviewed the documentation and online resources for any known issues or limitations related to conditional formatting in LibreOffice Calc.

Observations: Despite these efforts, the conditional formatting continues to behave inconsistently, and I’m unable to achieve the desired formatting results across all cells meeting the specified conditions.

snip: removed irrelevant content by @karolus

Thank you for your assistance and expertise!

Can you upload (up-pointing arrow icon) a file with random data showing the issue?

Note that the order of formatting rules can affect the outcome, although in this case it shouldn’t.

Make sure that the numbers or dates really are what you expect and not text. Use value highlighting to check

1 Like

Post example file…

1 Like

im suspecting you don’t ask for help, but try to place a link to advertise…