LibreOffice calc crashes when opening any existing document on Debian - related to printer

Hi,

Since today, LibreOffice crashes when opening any existing ods file. I’ve setup a new (Lexmark) network printer/scanner, but not sure if that’s related.

It loads the splash screen and then quickly shows:
“LibreOffice Document Recovery
Due to an unexpected error. LibreOffice Crashed. All the files you were working on will now be saved. The next time LibreOfffice is launched. your files will be recovered automatically”

And it then shows the LibreOffice page where you can create a new document (and the recent files).

Creating a new spreadsheet and saving it works fine. But once I try to re-open this, it fails again.

mrtn@poseidon:~$ uname -a
Linux poseidon 4.9.0-11-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.9.189-3+deb9u2 (2019-11-11) x86_64 GNU/Linux
mrtn@poseidon:~$ libreoffice --version
LibreOffice 5.2.7.2 20m0(Build:2)

Anyone has any idea what may cause this? Or how to debug this?

Note: opening up a odt file in Writer, or a CSV/XSLX file in calc, works just fine.

Thanks,

• iknietjij

Based on this post I already figured out some additional information:

It does indeed seem related to the new printer. If I set another printer (which I do not have anymore) to the default printer, I can open up ods files again. When I revert back to the new printer as default, it crashes on open of any ods files again.

Any idea as it should not matter which printer is set to default?