libreOffice crashes when tring to edit documents

Having recently installed the latest version of opensuse, i created a libreoffice document, it was saved, when i wanted to edit the document some time later, an hour or so. I opened the document did the editing and attempted to save the changes, having waited for 10 minutes, watching that thing bounce on the screen i decided to terminate the application, now when i try to open the document i get the document recovery. Why can’t i edit this document

I also tried to copy the contents of this document into another that presented me with the same issues.

More information required. Presumably you are running OpenSUSE 12.3. Which version of LO? What file format are you saving to (ODT, DOC, DOCX)? What does the document contain (objects, amount of content, types of content, complexity)? It sounds like the application hung rather than crashed. This could be for a wide variety of reasons, some of which may be related to the operating system rather than LO. Can you open the same document using Calligra suite?

What contents you get into the document, warning, LibreOffice do not support lots pictures well.