LibreOffice does not start on my MacBook Air

Problem coincides with recent upgrade of the operating system Big Sur.

Hello

Please edit your question description and provide us with LO release version, as well as operating system details, if any.

Please tell us also the way you try to start LO : launching it from icon or opening a file…

Kind regards, Michel

Does it run when starting from a terminal using /Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/soffice --safe-mode? (Terminal application can be found by searching for “terminal” in Launchpad)

BTW: Which version of LibreOffice is installed on your system?

Regarding your “Answer”:

I you can’t execute on a command line (Terminal) then I’m unable to help, since this is the only way to get some information about error message which might appear. And believe me: It’s not that hard to

• open Launchpad
  • type “terminal” into the search field
  • press ENTER key and click on the icon named “Terminal”
  • type /Applications/LibreOffice.app/Contents/MacOS/soffice --safe-mode into the command line appearing on the terminal
  • copy any error messages you might see
  • put that information into the details of your question (edit your question for that purpose)

@joe5741

If you have a question to OP, please put that as a comment to the question Anyway let me assure you that on my Big Sur LibreOffice run with version:

Version: 6.4.7.2, Build ID: 639b8ac485750d5696d7590a72ef1b496725cfb5
CPU threads: 4; OS: Mac OS X **10.16**; UI render: default; VCL: osx; 
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI-Language: en-US,Calc: threaded

I’m not certain as to the LO version but it appears to be 7.0.1

I have tried launching it both by clicking on the icon and by opening a file.

I know little about Unix which, as I understand, is what Terminal is.

The OS on the computer is MacOS Big Sur.

I can’t open LibreOffice in MacOs Big Sur either. Haven’t you upgraded it to work with Big Sur?
joe5741

Please do **not** use *Add Answer* if you actually don't answer a question but commenting an answer or responding to another user’s comment. Please use ***add a comment*** for that purpose. Thanks in advance …