LibreOffice Draw - Borders reseting to 3D

I am new to LibreOffice. I save and close the document after setting the controls border’s to “Without frame”. When I later reopen any of my documents the borders of all of the controls have returned to 3D look. This is driving me crazy, since when ever I have to make a small change to a document I have to change the borders of all of the controls again and export it to pdf for use in a program. One of my co-workers also uses LibreOffice, but he does not have this problem. The only difference between his and mine that we can see is that he is using an older version of the software. Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

What is?: LibreOffice version, operating system, file type to save.

I am using LibreOffice 3.5.5.3 on Windows 7. The file type I am saving to is ODF Drawing (.odg). The version of LibreOffice my coworker is using is 3.3.2.

The problem is from saving in 3.5.5.3. Even if I create a new document in 3.5.5.3 and save it, all of my text boxes’ borders will be reset back to 3d. I brought up version 3.3.2, because that is the version my co-worker uses, but he does not have the problem.

I took a look at the load save options. The ODF format version is set to 1.2 Extended, the document type is set to Text document, and it is set to always set as ODF Text document.

I seem to have this issue even with a new document in version 3.6. Also I recently noticed it is not only the border, but all properties of the textbox are being lost. I have tried various combinations of the Load-Save setting for LibreDraw, but none of them have made a difference.

For now I am going to downgrade to version 3.3 as I am not having any issues with it.

Hi @Joshua5822, This definitely sounds like a bug. Please file a bug report about this problem. The QA team will be happy to help you track down this issue! Thanks!

The problem is saving in 3.5.5.3 and open in 3.3.2 or also open 3.5.5.3?

In the first case, maybe the problem is related to ODF format version, take a look in Menu/Tools/Options/Load-save/General - Default file format and ODF settings, try using the higher version accepted in 3.3.2.

Also verify if 3.3.2 have the option to set “Without frame”.

Hi @Joshua5822,

This definitely sounds like a bug. Please file a bug about this problem. The QA team will be happy to help you track down this issue!

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment below using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!