LibreOffice Draw can't detect form fields

I’m new to LibreOffice, I have a fillable pdf but when I open it in LO Draw, it doesn’t detect form fields and when I export it as a pdf and check the option “Create PDF form”, then open it in my browser or PDFescape, there are no form fields!
Is there something wrong? the file is created by someone else and they didn’t use LO Draw to create it.
Plus I tried another fillable pdf file and I have the same problem. It seems that LO Draw recognize it as a text box and not a fillable form!
The form fields in those files are working because I opened them in PDFescape and my browser and I can type and check the boxes.

LO version: 7.2.4.1 (x64) windows 10 build 19043

If you receive a PDF you should open it with a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader) to fill in form fields.

How can we help without a sample document?

I tried to upload the PDF but it’s not allowed to upload!
Here is the file: Sync.com | Control Panel

I need to edit the file, to create new forms, add new images then export it as a pdf, but when I do so, it does export only the newly created forms and other forms that already in file before editing it doesn’t appear!

And as I mentioned, When I open the PDF, and select a form (which is a small box that even doesn’t have the full width of field!) I see the program handles it as a normal text box, and it’s different from the newly created form field in the program.

Have a look at: How to open PDF file in Draw

LibreOffice is not really a PDF editor. You have only very limited editing possibilities. It also depends on how the PDF was created and with which program.

Note: Upload PDF
Not all file types are allowed for uploading. For example, if you want to upload a PDF file, change the file extension from PDF to ODT and upload it. When uploading, write that the file extension must be changed from ODT to PDF again after downloading.

I see, Thank you for very much.

1 Like