LibreOffice Importing String instead of JPG

I have been trying to import a few pictures for a presentation , but it is only importing the Strings. I can view the jpg in other applications, but it won’t import it.
I’m running 7.0.3.1, on Win10Home in 64 Bit.C:\fakepath\CHA0091_-_Cthulhu_for_President_Front_Cover__54717.1468239059.jpg

This is a picture which isn’t working

but it is only importing the Strings.

• What do you mean by that (we can’t see, what you see - do you get the binary data)?
  • How do you “import” (drag and drop, File -> Insert -> Image...)?

I insert using both methods.
I can see the string, the characters you can see when opening a jpg in notepad, at least I think it is that one, but not the actual picture.

Could you perform the following

Test (this is not a solution) whether LibreOffice user profile is causing the issue:

• Start LibreOffice
  • Restart in Safe Mode using Help -> Restart in Safe Mode and confirm the restart using button: Restart
  • Click button Continue in Safe Mode
  • Open a file (using File -> Open) and test whether the problem is gone
  • Provide feedback using add a comment about the test result.

No, still gives me the same problem. It says it wants to import it as text and won’t give me an alternative.

Thanks for the test - so your user profile isn’t causing the problem. Could you upload a sample jpg file? If yes - please edit your question and use the paperclip symbol to upload a file (Just installed an old version 7.0.3.1 on Windows 10 Pro test system and there is no general problem. Adding a jpg images works as expected. Hence the problem is specific to your environment / files).

Here is a sample pic

This is not a jpg file (regardless of the extension) but a:

user@system:~> file TestImportImage.webp 
TestImportImage.webp: RIFF (little-endian) data, Web/P image, VP8 encoding, 989x1280, Scaling: [none]x[none], YUV color, decoders should clamp

Hello,

you are not trying to import a JPG/JPEG file but a WEBP image file format, which is not supported by LibreOffice. See the following enhancement request: tdf#114532 add support for WEBP image format (image import and inside .ods/.odt).

thanks for the answer