LibreOffice Installation Wants To Incorrectly Update Files

So i wanted to install LibreOffice Calc using this link but then i was greeted with a suspicious screen in my screenshot. It wants to update these files Google Chrome or NVIDIA, etc, but in my opiion they should have nothing to do with LibreOffice. LibreOffice should be able to operate without needing to modify these files. Any idea what is going on? Any way i can prevent it from making this changes and still be able to install LibreOffice?

There is nothing suspicious or wrong here. It is normal that different software uses the same system components. Specifically, LibreOffice is compiled using MS compiler, and uses VC Redist and UCRT, both installed as shared system components and used by every other software that is also built using MS compilers. So whenever LibreOffice wants to update those system components, every other software actively using those system components at this moment is reported to you as requiring a reboot after the upgrade (or a restart of those applications to stop their use of the system components).

Just to re-iterate: LibreOffice does not know, and does not change anything inside “Core Sync” or “NVIDIA Container”. It only needs to update an external library that those softwares also use.

2 Likes

awesome! thank you :slight_smile: