LibreOffice Mac No Java installation could be found. Please check your installation

Hi all.

I am trying to get LibreOffice to work on my Macbook but I keep getting the above error message. I have installed both the lates JRE and JDK from the Oracle website. I am using OS Monterey version 12.3.1 Build 21E258. In the library under ‘Java’ there is no entry. When I look at the LO preferences however under the advanced category I can see that the checkbox ‘use Java runtime environment’ is checked and in the box below ‘Java runtime environments (JRE) already installed’ it says 'Oracle corporation 18.0.1.1. Yet I keep getting the error message when I try to e.g. create a form in design view.
This is an annoying error message because I have absolutely no clue what I can do to get around it.
Can anybody hint me to the problem and a solution?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Dupe of Base Issue: No Java installation could be found

This suggests there is no solution?
Should I forget LibreOffice?

This suggests that there is another question filed very recently about the same issue; and instead of trying to answer the same things in two different threads, contributors and askers would do better if use just one of those, to not waste the effort.

An answer of ‘There is currently no solution’ would have been more efficient considering this conversation. Never mind. There are alternatives to LibreOffice. :slight_smile:

“I currently don’t know a solution, which is not a wonder given that I’m not even a macOS user; someone may come with a solution unknown to me in a follow-up reply” is not the same as “There is currently no solution”. That is called “logic”. But of course, you are welcome to use whatever fits you.

Thank you for enlightening me on ‘logic’. I’ll do as you said and use what fits me.

Just for those who have the same problem:
Download a JDK from here: Eclipse Temurin
It worked for me.
The hint is somewhere on this forum. I just can’t remember where I found it.