LibreOffice Rendering Squished Horizontally

At first, I thought this was a font kerning issue, but after looking at the ruler, I think there’s something fundamentally weird with the way the page is being rendered. This is supposed to be US letter paper, and the ruler dimensions are correct, but as you can see the aspect ratio is horribly “off”. The screenshot is from safe mode, I’ve reset the settings to factory to try to fix this, and I’m still not sure what’s going on.

Any assistance is appreciated, as at this point writer is not really usable.

There are similar (though not exactly the same) issues with calc:

I’m on Ubuntu 22.04 and really haven’t (afaik) tinkered much with font settings, graphics settings, etc. Every other application seems to work fine. I do most of my document creation via LaTeX or pandoc, but every once in a while I need to use a graphical interface.

Version: 7.3.7.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 16; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: kf5 (cairo+xcb)
Locale: en-US (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.7-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
Calc: threaded

First steps to take before submitting a bug

SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen libreoffice

This fixed the issue temporarily. Now, how do I go about figuring out what in QT/kf5 is causing the problem so that I can get a more permanent fix?

Maybe start at: Search results for 'kf5' - Ask LibreOffice.
This (my) system works with gtk3.

I met and still encounter many problems with KDE Plasma because of my nVidia GPU which is not well managed by driver nouveau. Is your desktop KDE Plasma? Which is your graphics card? Is Wayland enabled on your machine?

Not that if your desktop manager is GNOME and you use kf5 in LO, you created a discrepancy.