LibreOffice simply will not run

Hello there, I have 3 fleet laptops which do not connect to the Internet. Before deploying them on the field they were running LO just fine. But somehow since deployment I can’t get LO to run except in Safe Mode. I know the standard response is to start in Safe Mode, reset the user profile, disable hardware acceleration, and that is supposed to fix startup problem. Unfortunately, I’ve done all these steps over and over for a week, as well as un/reinstalling, down/upgrading, using Admin/User accounts, everything else I can think of. I just can’t get LO running. Could anyone suggest any troubleshooting steps besides the standard set? I’m at my wits’ end here trying to find a solution. We do have some interesting networking issues here, and I’m not an expert in that. Would network config affect even being able to launch the application? I have two other machines on the same network that run LO fine, it’s just these three ToughBooks.

Panasonic CF-53 running Windows 10 Pro, x64 i5-2520M, 16GB RAM
Tried (so far) LibreOffice 7.2.0, 7.2.6, 6.4.7

Thank you,
Aaron Wade

I should add that when launching a particular app (Writer, Calc, etc) or opening an office document, I see the loading splash screen, and when the progress bar completes, it freezes and has to be force-quit. When launching the general LO program, just get a big white box with the same outcome.

…reset the user profile…

What exactly did you do?

Have you downloaded LibreOffice here? Download LibreOffice

For a Windows installation, you know this help: General Installation Issues (Windows)

Just to be clear. You disabled hardware acceleration from the Safe Mode dialogue, as below?

I think that the disabling is just temporary so on restart you still need to go into Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View and disable Skia there so that in future it won’t be enabled. Potentially, you might need to also disable hardware acceleration in the same window but try it before doing that.

I did exactly that. I started in Safe Mode, then reset the user profile.

Yes indeed. I realize that it’s only temporary, but it never would open the first time to let me disable it.

I did find a workaround that is serving ok. I downgraded to, then disabled hardware acceleration, and it worked. I don’t love using an old version, but it’s working, so we’ll go with it for now. Thanks to you both for trying to help.