LibreOffice Start Center

How do I prevent the LibreOffice Start Center from closing when I choose a file from within the window?

If, for example, I open a Calc file, the Start Center simultaneously closes and is no longer there as a means to, say, open a Writer file.
Surely this isn’t preferred behaviour (?) but I haven’t found an option to change what I assume to be the default operation.

BTW, it’s v. 7.0.1.2

Thanks,

Peter

Thanks for changing your question, which makes the citation in my answer to appear incorrect.

Sorry, I saw something that I decided I could express better (IMHO). No deception intended (and your answer wasn’t visible to me when I made the change)!

Hello,

the start center doesn’t carry its own window if another document is open, hence you can’t prevent it from disappearing. However you always can use File -> New and open another new document of any type regardless of the current document type being open. In that sense the statement and is no longer there for me to open a Writer file from there in your question is not correct.

And File -> Recent Documents allows to open files you see on right pane of the start center.

Facit: I do not see any functional deficits, if start center is no longer visible as soon as you have opened a first document.

Hope that helps

Thanks for your response. I agree that there’s no lack in functionality but I believe the graphical view in Start Center can be strongly preferable.
Anyway, mindful of your explanation, I’ll learn to live with things as they are. :slight_smile:

I’ll learn to live with things as they are.

I’m not a protagonist of things as they are, but just the one telling how they are. If you think LibreOffice can be improved regarding that, feel free to file an enhancement request at bugzilla (almost all people here responding to users’ questions are users of LibreOffice as well and not affiliated to TDF in any way)

Noted, and thanks again.