LibreOffice Table filtering

Hi,

I’m connecting a MariaDb database with LibreOffice Base. Base displays all databases present in MariaDb.

I would filter the Database, displaying only my working Database.

I open the table filter dialog and tick only one database. After refreshing the view, all databases disappears, including the ticked one.

Could someone help, please ? I’m using LibreOffice 24.2 under Xubuntu 22.04 and MariaDb 10.6.16

Did you try duplicate Tables of your interest?

Because I’ve simply created a blank database, and did copy table from the former one. Then pasted it to the blank one…

This might seem childish to you, but I succeded.

Regards

You may use Tools>Table Filter…

Did you try duplicate Tables of your interest?

I need to work directly to the MariaDb database because I’m working on a website.
I would to use Base as a frontend to add data.

You may use Tools>Table Filter…

That’s what I tried.

Shown databases will depend on the connector you use.
When connecting with direct connector to MariaDB on OpenSUSE I will see all database I have rights to insert data. You could only select the different tables, but if you untick the whole database it will be shown also. Makes no difference. Some corrections will be shown directly after View → Refresh Tables, but what you really get is what appears when closing LO and then restart the connecting to MariaDB.
Connecting with JDBC will only show the table you are connecting to, no other database on the same system as tested with direct connection. It will also show information_schema, but this you could untick and it won’t be shown again. information_schema won’t appear with direct connection.
By the way: Changing Table Filter seems to be buggy when trying to change the filter with LO 24.2.4.2: When I will only choose one database and refresh tables, then go back to the dialog no database seems to be chosen at all - but it has changed…

Thank you for the explanation.

So, I know tried to connect with JDBC. First I had to change the driver class to org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver.

Know, when I enter my password, LO sais :

Connection test at /home/buildslave/source/libo-core/dbaccess/source/ui/dlg/sqlmessage.cxx:571
unable to establish connection

If the lack of a table filter yields too much confusion, you may define table aliases in the queries section. A query SELECT * FROM "TableX" will work like the “TableX” itself. Create simple queries like this for each table you actually need and name them with a “tbl” prefix, so you can identify them as table equivalents.

If you have the DBA role or are connecting as root to the db server, and you are using the mysql native/direct connector within Libre Office, then all schema will be shown, even if you apply the display filter, refresh, or quit/restart Libre Office.

Filtering the display views of the tables should work with the JDBC connector, when you restart Libre Office.

Is the version of LibreOffice that you have, the distrib-provided version, a snap, or from some other provider or did you download and install it from the LO project website?

Sometimes, the distrib or snap version has it’s own special bugs.

@Neelix : Here is a complete advice how to connect through JDBC to MariaDB: Chapter 2 Creating a Database
Did you test the driver is working?