LibreOffice v7.2.5.2 crashes when i open a .CSV file

The file is here: File-Upload.net - dowload.csv

→ Can’t attach .CSV files, because of that i uploaded it to file-upload.net… hope that’s well :slight_smile:

Regards, Hans

Just open this file in any text editor (I used Notepad++) and go to the very end of the file.
WrongEndOfCSV

See this line? It is when trying to turn this into a Calc table that the accident occurs. Just delete line 23626, save the file and try opening it in Calc again.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I know that…

But, in fact, this is not a reason for freezing (infinite!!) for Calc… i would say an adequate error message should occur in that case!! :wink:

If i’m wrong with with, you can correct me…?

But, in fact, this is not a reason for freezing (infinite!!) for Calc… i would say an adequate error message should occur in that case!!

Then if you knew that, and expected to report some wrong behavior (a bug), then in fact, you were wrong :wink: (bug reporting policy is described in the Ask site rules.)

Let’s be consistent: which program should report the error - Calс, which received bad data out of the blue, or the program that generated the bad file?

Here: https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=147421

2 Likes

" Your post was flagged as off-topic: the community feels it is not a good fit for the topic, as currently defined by the title and the first post."

???