libreoffice wont open

Running latest windows 10. Have downloaded 6.1.3 and 6.0.7 numerous times. L/O freezes when opened. How do I fix?

A fresh install? An update? Read these guidelines and ask a good question.

I should have provided more info. My computer hard drive died recently. I had a new hard drive installed with the latest version of windows 10. Just got the computer back with a virgin system and hard drive. I have used Open Office successfully in the past so I thought I should now use LibreOffice.

I downloaded 6.1.3 and installed it. Now, L/O opens with a blank screen, hangs up followed by a “not responding”. message. Several following attempts tried with the same result.

I then uninstalled 6.1.3 and installed 6.0.7. Same result. Uninstalled and reinstalled and both versions again with the same result.

I could find no answers on this site or other web searches so I hope someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

I should have provided more info. My computer hard drive died recently. I had a new hard drive installed with the latest version of windows 10. Just got the computer back with a virgin system and hard drive. I have used Open Office successfully in the past so I thought I should now use LibreOffice.

I downloaded 6.1.3 and installed it. Now, L/O opens with a blank screen, hangs up followed by a “not responding”. message. Several following attempts tried with the same result.

I then uninstalled 6.1.3 and installed 6.0.7. Same result. Uninstalled and reinstalled and both versions again with the same result.

I could find no answers on web searches so I hope someone can tell me what I’m doing wrong.

1. Do not answer your own question unless you give a real answer (and you don’t).
  2. Browse/search this forum, there are a lot of threads about problems related to Windows 10.

Sorry. New to LibreOffice and this forum. I reposted this info in the comment section above. I searched this forum and could find no answers to my question. Hope someone familiar with this problem might be able to help.