LibreOffice won't recognize Java

LibreOffice 5.4.4.2 (x64) will not recognize Java build 1.8.0_152-b16 (32-bit) on Windows 10 Pro system. I have uninstalled and reinstalled BOTH programs, wiped all other versions of Java from my machine (there were none anyway), and made sure I have the 32-bit Java installed.

I am trying to get an extension (oo2gd_3.0.1) to work but I cannot because it pops up the error message “Could not create Java implementation loader”. No matter what I have done, going into the Tools>Options>Advanced and trying to add a JRE does nothing because no matter what folder (specific programsx86\java folder or entire c: drive) I select it gives me another error message “The folder you selected does not contain a Java runtime environment. Please select a different folder.”

I have opened Java through my control panel to see the different JRE’s and they are actually there. Control Panel>search for “java”>click “Java (32-bit)” and then it takes me to Java Control Panel. I go to the Java tab and hit the View button to see the JRE I have. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_152\bin\javaw.exe is the filepath on both user and system tabs.

Even when I put this exact filepath into LibreOffice - same error message of “The folder you selected does not contain a Java runtime environment. Please select a different folder.” Please send help. I read somewhere that installing VC++ 2010 helps (no idea why) so I downloaded that and rebooted again - same exact problem. And yes, “use a java runtime environment” is checked under advanced in LibreOffice.

Hello,

LO 64-bit needs JRE 64-bit installed.

Literally everywhere I looked said that even if the LO was 64, the JRE needed a 32. You’re a scholar and a gentleperson and I love you. Thank you.