librewriter split window

It’s finally possible to split librewriter window (split the view of the same document)?
If not if should be a very useful, in my opinion necessary option. I work indeed with big documents and going often from a position to another is (and viceversa) is painful.
Thanks

No, it’s not possible yet:

Bug 31481 - [RFE] Split pane in same window for side-by-side proof reading/ translating of 2 different files

You can use Window → New Window to get a second window with the same document and then edit different points of it simultaneously, switching from one document instance to the other with Alt TAB.

Thank you but, as I said above, this is not a solution (in particular if you have several documents opened). I hope that developers find quickly a way to grant this feature.

Hello,

no - there is no split window feature, but: You can create a Window -> New Window, which creates a second window (view) of your current document. Changing anything in one window is mirrored into the other window (It’s a view of the same document)

Hope that helps.

If the answer helped to solve your problem, please click the check mark (:heavy_check_mark:) next to the answer.

Thank you but this is not a solution. I hope that developers find quickly a way to grant this feature.