Link to another database in the same folder

Am on LinuxMint22 and Libreoffice 24.5.2. I have 3 databases in on folder. Creating forms I want to link some controls to display data from another of the databases. All 3 are .odb. Occasionally I see in “form properties” tag “Data” a field above “content type” which asks for data-sources but am unable to open that when wanted.
Question: Is it possible to relate to tables in another database of the same format? If yes, how to do it.
In the help pages of libreoffice is only explained how to link to spreadsheets & writer-documents.

If you are using external forms you could link to so many databases you want.

1. Register the databases: Options → LibreOffice Base → Databases
  2. Open a blank Writer document. Forms → Form Navigator
  3. In Form Navigator right mouseclick on Forms → New → Form
  4. Choose registered database in Form Propereties → Data → Data source.
  5. Choose table (or query) in Content.
  6. Add fields to this form.
    … and do the same starting with ‘3.’ for the next database.

Forms will be created parallel. You could see data of both data sources, could change the data.

Thanks RobertG. Your detailed instructions do work when followed! The data-source field is present in writer but not in base.
What you are suggesting is to develop my forms in writer rather than base? That leaves me with the question of how do I get my present forms to open in or copy to writer instead of starting from scratch.

Actually a Base-Form is a Writer-document. You can save it outside the .odp to have an external form. As this now con not use the connection of the odp, you have to reconnect it to your database

Thanks Wanderer, opening the base-form and saving it as writer-document .odt saves me a lot of work. Reconnecting to the now outside table holding the data is ok - beginners mistake.