LO 5.3 doc wont open: ' list .odt does not exist ' ? ? ?

Hello L O folks,

So I have about 10 documents in my LO 5.3 and I am useing Windows 10.

9 out of 10 of them will open, but this one document will not open and I get this pop up that says

’ list.odt does not exist ’

Help please ?
regards
Steve

Do you open it from command line? Double-click on its icon? Are there “exotic” characters in file name, like spaces, dots, or other 1) non-basic ASCII chars, 2) chars having some meaning for the OS?

I don’t know what a ‘Comand Line’ is sorry. I always double-click on any of my docs that I can visually see in LO they open except this one. The popup says exactly this. Note: there is a tiny ‘dot’ inside the ‘C’ that I can’t replicate here so just pretend its here.

C\users\Pawn\Documents\VO Character list.odt. does not exist

By the way it is a list of my Voiceover narration characters & impressions do for audio - voice commercials lol

Try removing the spaces in the name. Does it know open?

The more answers I get here the more confused I am . 1) I don’t know what a COMAND LINE is ? 2) I cannot find this document in my computer, but I can find all my other documents and so I can NOT edit the ‘name’ to get rid of any spaces. 3) I can only visually see it in LO. 4) I give up , I clicked the X on the visual representation of my lost document. 5) I am out of here, end thread

Ah! I didn’t catch that. I understand the doc name exist in some LO cache, such as “recently used docs”. If you can’t find it with the file explorer (file manager or whatever its name in Windows), then you have accidentally erased it. If you have no backup, you’ll have to retype it. Sorry!