Suppose you have in Calc a sheet:
- with row 1 to 20 filled with data; for ease of clarity fill column A with 1 to 20 as you go with the rows.
- and desire to move rows 4 to 6 below lines 15.
Traditionnaly, in MS-Excel:
- you select rows 4-6, then CTRL-X to cut them,
- then on line 16 do a right-click and select the menu “insert cut cells”.
In Calc I can:
- I can CTRL-X the rows 4-6
- on line 16 make a special paste
- In the paste special menu, select
the option “Shift Cells” choose
option “down” and be sure
that ALL other options are
correct as it is a paste special.
- then delete the empty rows
In Calc, this is way more cubbersome, no better way? Feature request for LO6.4 or later?
OF course same applies to columns
P.S. In Tools>Personnalize>Menus
I haven’t found any command such as “insert cut cells”