LO 7.2.2 Impress presentation mode

Hi,

I want to do a presentation with LO 7.2 using a Laptop (ThinkPad X1 Extreme, Optimus Graphic with proprietary nvidia driver) with openSUSE Tumbleweed/KDE and an external monitor

‘Normally’ the presentation was on the external monitor, and the Laptop showed the presenter mode with notes pages etc.

Now I have presentation and presenter page on the external monitor - and no way to get the presenter page back to the laptop screen. CRTL-4 was not working.

When I attach the ext. monitor to the left, both presentation and presenter notes are on the ext. monitor, when I attach it to the right, both is on the laptop screen.

Any hint how to fix this?

Have you tried Menu Slide Show > Slide Show Settings...? - There at Multiple Displays>Presentation display:

For me it looks like this:

Impress - Dialog Presentation Settings

Result:

With me:

Version: 7.2.2.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 02b2acce88a210515b4a5bb2e46cbfb63fe97d56
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19043; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL

Desktop with Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 and two Monitors

(Yes, my computer is 10 years old and still runs like clockwork.)

I tried both ‘Auto External’ as well as selecting explicit the external display, both did not solve the issue.

Sidenote: you have to have the nvidia graphic enabled to attach an external monitor. It does not work with the intel graphic alone

EDIT: I could verify that this is an issue introduced with KDE Plasma 5.23.0. I have opened an upstream bug: 444026 – LO Presentation mode broken after update to Plasma 5.23.0

1 Like