LO Base - text in forms display issue

Hi, I updated OS from Kubuntu 22.04 to Kubuntu 24.04 (LO version 24.2.3.2) and now I am having this issue:

I have form in LO Base with text fields, when I am browsing records, the text from previous records keeps being displayed and is overlapping with the following records. Looks like only MEMO (longvarchar) fields are affected and TEXT (varchar) does not have this issue.

Call the form navigator window and make sure that you don’t have two text boxes in the same position. Or drag the text box aside.

No boxes are overlapping. It is rather some bug, in older LO it worked well. When browsing the records/data the text in the fields should change, but instead the previous text stays there and the new one is added over.(I’ve updated the image in the first post)

Next try. Start the office from a terminal like this:
SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen libreoffice24.2
and see if this makes any difference.

It is a know bug for KDE: 155637 – Forms: Form controls for multi line text aren't shown with background when input data (Linux-KDE). Has been bibisected since nearly a year but nothing happend.

Have a look at the field. It is shown without background when input data. When I open such a form I could also seen parts of the screen (sidebar for example), which I moved away to see the whole form. No refresh in this control, no background.

By the way: There is no background shown for all controls when editing a form since LO 7.5. This is 155636 – Forms: Background of form controls isn't shown while creating a form. But this bug is a bug, which appears also in gtk3 and gen on Linux.

So it is really a bug, how unfortunate. At least the @Villeroy command can be used as a workaround:

SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen libreoffice

and the text is readable. Thank you guys for your quick replies.

In order to make this permanent,

1. I make a backup copy of the original start script in the program folder sudo cp soffice soffice.bkp
  2. I modify the soffice start script as follows:
if [ -z "$SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN" ];then SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gen;fi
export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN
  1. I make a backup copy of this modified script: sudo cp soffice soffice.gen

The modified soffice script starts LO with the generic toolset unless you explicitly start
SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=gtk libreoffice
or
SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kde libreoffice

Updating LO replaces the modified script with the original one. You may configure your package manager to not replace this file. I prefer to do the following twice a year:

sudo cp soffice soffice.bkp
sudo cp soffice.gen soffice