LO Calc Form Button Dependent Upon Drop Down List

I’d like to add a button to a LO Calc form. The form will have several text input fields and one drop down list. The drop down will have the months of the year.

This is what I desire: when the button is pressed, the text input fields will be filled in on a different sheet/tab within the same file. The purpose of the drop down list is so that depending upon which month of the year is chosen, that will determine which column the information is entered into.

Just to be clear, here’s an example. I wish to enter budget information, income and outgo. These will always be entered into their respective rows, but will be entered into the correct column depending upon the month chosen in the drop down list. Once the button is pressed, the text information will be entered into the correct column on the next sheet/tab. The month from the drop down won’t be entered, but it affects where the text information is entered.

Does this require basic programming, or perhaps a macro? Both? I’m not sure where to start looking, so any help will be much appreciated. Just point me in the right direction and I’ll go from there.

I just added a lot of control functionality to OOO Development Tools

Check out the Cell Controls example to see if it helps.

See also the form module.

As a macro is written in a programming language, where is the difference. But you are not restricted to BASIC but can use Python or even Javascript.
As your concept is alien to a usual spreadsheet, you will need to programm macros.

I can usually enter everywhere I like, so your macro has to select the right cell for me. To prevent me from entering elsewhere you may also add cell protection and let your macro unprotect the column where I am allowed to enter something…

As a PS: I’m suspecting you try to replace a paper form, with a similiar form in Calc. However this is not using the advantages of computers. I’ usually use a very simple input table where I have the date first and necessary data in second/third column.
Calc can then gather the necessary information from the first table, via formula, or you can sort/filter to a second sheet for “reporting”. Maybe a pivot table can give the information you seek…

If a sheet and a cell is locked it is still possible to input values with a control.
In the Cell Controls example the sheet and cells are locked. The input still works with a control.

Thank you, vib. I will look into this. As I’m familiar with Python, this should be very helpful.

Thank you, Wanderer. I’ll look into your suggestions.