LO Writer: creating PDF generates wrong document title

LO 6.4.2.2 (x64) on Windows 10 Home Edition.

When I export a document directly as PDF (click the PDF button on the Standard toolbar) and then opening the generated PDF file in a PDF viewer (PDF XChange Editor in my case) I always see the name of my default template in the tab instead of the document title.

image description

When looking to the document properties in my PDF viewer, I see the filename is correct but the document title is always the name of my default UK template:

Is there any setting to make sure the document title is the same as the file name? Am I missing some setting in LO Writer?

Best,
–Geert

Did you try to enter a title in LibreOffice with File>Properties in the tab “Discription”?

See also tdf#149859

Before exporting a document to PDF, go to File‣Properties‣Description(tab), and remove the text in Title.

When you export, the document title shown in the PDF viewer is the document name.

If you don’t want to do the same every time you export a document, open the template and remove its Title.

If this answer did solve your problem, please click the gray circle whit the white checkmark to the left of this answer (this was for the old ask site) Solution icon below.

1 Like

Version: 7.6.4.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: e19e193f88cd6c0525a17fb7a176ed8e6a3e2aa1
CPU threads: 4; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19045; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-CA (en_GB); UI: en-GB
Calc: CL threaded

Export as PDF produces template title PDf viewer Title Tab

My templates have the “Filename w/o extension” field in the header for the document title.

Found

PDF Options box appears > User Interface tab > Untick “Display Document Title”.

Converts to pdf and shows correct document title.

This site is a bit of a Charlie Foxtrot for sure. Disorganised up the ying yang.

To post such a comment as a suggested solution should also be considered a bad idea.
See also my above comment to the question.

???
Avoid youngsters’ slang here. We are most non-English native speakers and alien to US (?) underground culture. I supposed you mean “disorganised” as per the next sentence.

Blame the majority of newcomers who don’t take the time to read the rules, not to classify correctly their questions with tags and most of the time think we can guess what’s in their mind.

2 Likes