Lock cell or column or row background colour

I use background colours in various spreadsheets to help me visualise breaks in data …
eg I have one sheet with days of the week for a couple of months. I highlight the ‘Monday’ columns - to show the week and also because Mondays need to have slightly different data entered.
Items are rotated so I drag and drop as well as copy and paste data into this sheet.
I know I can paste ‘unformatted’ but drag and drop removes the highlighting.
I also have this ‘problem’ in a table where alternative columns are highlighted - when I need to redo the calculations and drag a sum across…
Is there a way to do this? Set/Protect the background colour in a specific column or row or cell?
I looked into doing this a couple of years ago and you couldn’t - just wondering if I can now as it would be really helpful.
Thanks!

Sorry for slow reply - for some reason I didn’t a notification that someone had replied.
I did format them using the fill tool
I have just been playing with cell styles - something I have never really used in calc . It is a slight improvement in that it seems like if I drag and drop I do lose the formatting but at least I can just reapply a style. More useful for if (when!!) I lose the border format as well.
I will post a request - in a week or so. This is a busy period for me.
(Why the losing the background colour is more irritating for me than normal)

How did you create the background color?
I guess with direct formatting.
Did you try to create the background color with cell styles?
In my case the color remains the same.

80452 HB Hintergrundfarbe erhalten beim Einfügen

With me:

Version: 7.3.5.2 (x64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 184fe81b8c8c30d8b5082578aee2fed2ea847c01
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 19044; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: de-DE (de_DE); UI: de-DE
Calc: CL

…but one cell content at a time.
How to do this with more than one cell?

1 Like

@LeroyG ,
yes, you are right, one cannot fulfill all wishes.

@lucky67 ,
you can write a feature request on Bugzilla.

1 Like