Lost all my file access

Windows 11 64-bit 23h2 doing LibreOffice_24.2.3_Win_x86-64.msi Update.

Started last night, then tried to close, my calc and writer files using close all. To my surprise it needed a reboot, declined as I was doing a version update this morning.

Now I could see the files all with save/don’t/cancel. I decided to try cancel no effect, opening libreoffice gave recovery options and cleared the pending saves but didn’t like restoring files, offered to save them all in docs, so I put them in a sub folder, starting in safe mode was reasonable until it crashed.

Now updated windows and neither the originals or the saves in the new foder do much more than spin a busy icon for a few seconds, LibreOffice calc, writer and Same mode are the same.

I recognise I have made mistakes but, how does the product allow me to get here. If it allowed close of files while the update was taking place rather than no action, it might save future issues. Have i really corrupted everything. Help!

Please, change base tag to common, windows and install because your question is unrelated to database frontend Base. What you describe is a typical Windows problem on update (requiring reboot).

Found that reapplying the Update, helped. I tried a writer file, found it opened in safe mode, I followed instructions and it then opened writer with the file, now have some of my files open. Just an effort to open the others, One newish file is empty, So the update files were deleted too early.

If Windows asks to restart I always let it restart immediately, even if I’m in the middle of something urgent. I find it quicker than cleaning up the mess created by an unstable system.

I also turn off Windows Fast Start in power options so that it can clear out memory etc. when it shuts down. The difference in boot times is minimal with SSDs